6.14.2010: Irene

Irene: This editorial, though I can’t decide whether the necklace would be agate or enamel. The boots are inspired (though warped beyond recognition) by the last page of Michael DeForge’s new comic, Queen, but don’t spoil yourself–start with the first page. Over-the-knee boots. Butch. Pale fur. The Marina Abramović Hotties tumblr. Marian Churchland’s illustrated imaginary fashion collection, particularly the “space onesie.”

Category: Outfits | 12 Comments »

12 Comments on “6.14.2010: Irene”

1. 1 Michael DeForge said at 9:13 PM on June 14th, 2010:

awesome! your claw boots kill mine

2. 2 chibimagic said at 8:24 AM on June 15th, 2010:

I think the necklace is steaks! Space steaks made from fruit flavored cows. Mm, blueberry strawberry grape orange.

3. 3 Laura Legge said at 11:52 AM on June 15th, 2010:

Angie, this is beautiful!

And Michael said just a few days ago that he hoped something from Queen would make it onto Wangie…

4. 4 Alaina said at 6:11 PM on June 15th, 2010:

Marina Abramovic drives me up the wall. I love her so much.

I love Irene. She’s making me consider white lipstick and yellow nail polish for realz.

5. 5 WANGELA said at 10:51 PM on June 15th, 2010:

Alaina: I SEE YOU DON’T WANT TO SHARE YOUR REAL EMAIL. P.S. If you manage to actually find white lipstick, let me know!

Laura + Michael: You guys! You are so cute!

chibimagic: You know, I thought so too as I was drawing it.

6. 6 Matt Grigsby said at 5:12 PM on June 16th, 2010:

Irene is spicy. Well done! :-)

7. 7 Tamia said at 3:07 PM on June 20th, 2010:

Love your interpretation of the necklace. I started imagining eyeballs x Lifesaver candies when I saw the editorial.

8. 8 luciann said at 11:47 AM on July 21st, 2010:

the only white lipstick that i’ve found stays on and has a bold colour is the stuff you buy at ski resorts as a kinda sun block lip balm
    it actually works pretty well!

9. 9 Mirian said at 9:35 PM on December 25th, 2015:

Don’t worry, we got the humor. But don’t undervalue your sueoirs points: Some cartoonists are neither prolific nor formally ambitious and I don’t want to be denied their work for those reasons alone. Amen, brother.Great article, and I think this has been a terrific few years for indy comics, if you have the luxury of going to small press conventions. I am moderately fortunate in that regard.

10. 10 http://www.ionicbathfootdetox.com/ said at 6:12 PM on April 28th, 2016:

israel, je ne comprends plus, tantôt nous lisons mal, tantôt nous interprétons mal, il faudrait savoir…. nous ne sommes pas dans le talmud. Mes propos n’ont rien de jargonnant. Ce sont ceux qu’on emploie couramment chez les savants pour parler de faits de langue. Etant donné qu’il est clair que nous ne sommes pas assez savants pour jargonner avec vous, pourquoi n’allez vous pas jargonner ailleurs ?

11. 11 car insurance quote said at 7:24 AM on May 20th, 2016:

Shawna – you are SO super talented and i love your work. i hope you are doing well and enjoying life. would love to catch up with you some time.

12. 12 local boat said at 2:13 AM on January 20th, 2017:

Very quickly this web site will be famous amid all blogging and site-building
    users, due to it’s pleasant posts